Where do you keep your litter box?

I am moving into a one-bedroom apartment with my boyfriend next week, and I will be bringing my cat along. Right now, her litter box is in the bathroom, where it fits perfectly under the counter. But I am worried that the new place might not have a similar spot for it. I would like to keep the litter box near the bedroom because my boyfriend’s dog will be moving in with us too after the cat gets used to the new place. The first meeting between the cat and the dog didn’t go well which I can explain in another post, so we plan to keep them separate for a while.

Where do you keep your cat’s litter box? And what kind of litter box do you use?

1 Like

Away from where your cat usually sleeps – and away from your bed as well. Away from high-traffic areas, although not so far that your kitty has to go a long way to find it. Away from noisy household appliances. Your cat will likely be apprehensive about the sounds coming from the washer, dryer, or dishwasher.

1 Like

Hello guys, i usually put my litter box outside far away from my house where my cat not reach on it.

My cat genie, a Hacked model 120, is essentially a litterbox that primarily uses plastic pellets that are reused. I essentially purchase the granules, which comes to about $100 a year.

I have a shared bathroom with my cat. Regretfully, she chooses to go when I do.

Finding the perfect spot for a litter box can be tricky, especially with a new roommate. Bathrooms and laundry rooms are common choices. Covered litter boxes can help with odor control.