What should I do if my dog ate chocolate chip cookies?

Guys, I need your help! My 10-month-old female French Bulldog just devoured my mom’s entire bag of chocolate chip cookies. I’m freaking out a bit and could really use some advice.

She’s about 13 pounds and the cookies were small, about an inch in diameter, with little chocolate chips. The ingredients list semi-sweet chocolate, and the bag was 8oz with maybe 30-40 cookies in it. Christmas is tomorrow, so I’m not sure if the vets will be open, but I’m definitely going to try calling them.

It’s understandable to be concerned, as chocolate can be toxic to dogs, especially with the presence of theobromine and caffeine. Given your French Bulldog’s weight and the amount of chocolate consumed, it’s important to seek veterinary attention immediately. The symptoms of chocolate toxicity can vary, but may include vomiting, diarrhea, rapid breathing, elevated heart rate, and in severe cases, seizures.

Since it’s close to Christmas, I recommend calling your vet or an emergency vet clinic right away to get advice on what to do next. They may instruct you on how to induce vomiting or advise you to bring her in for treatment. It’s also helpful to have the bag of cookies on hand when you call, so you can provide the vet with information about the exact type and amount of chocolate she ingested.

I understand what you are going through but you should Monitor your dog closely for any symptoms of chocolate poisoning like restlessness, increased thirst/urination, diarrhea, vomiting, rapid breathing, or seizures. Take note of when symptoms start in case your vet wants to know about treatment.

Considering that your French Bulldog eats semi-sweet chocolate chip cookies, you need to take urgent action. Even on Christmas, call an emergency veterinarian since chocolate can be poisonous to dogs. Tell us about your dog’s weight, the kind and quantity of chocolate they ate, and any symptoms they experienced. Even while smaller doses of chocolate might not always be lethal, it’s better to be safe than sorry and get expert veterinary advice as soon as possible for the best course of action.

Definitely rush to the vet! Chocolate is toxic to dogs, and quick action is crucial. Keep us updated! :paw_prints:

Chocolate toxicity in dogs is serious. Given your French Bulldog’s situation, call your vet or an emergency clinic immediately for advice, possibly to induce vomiting or start treatment. Have the cookie bag ready to discuss specifics.

Absolutely right—taking immediate action is crucial if your French Bulldog has eaten chocolate, as it can be highly toxic to dogs.

Even if it’s Christmas, don’t hesitate to contact an emergency vet.

Providing details like your dog’s weight, the amount and type of chocolate consumed, and any symptoms observed will help the vet assess the situation accurately.

It’s always better to err on the side of caution and seek professional advice quickly to ensure your pet’s safety.