What pet has the shortest lifespan?

Hey Foxy! :hourglass_flowing_sand:I want to get a pet and wondering which pet has the shortest lifespan compared to others! I’m curious to learn more about pets with shorter life spans. Any insight will be appreciated.

1 Like

I recommend mature rats, and I am sure you can easily find ones to adopt. They can live for around three years, but if they are already adults, their lifespan is reduced​:joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

I’ve never thought about pets with shorter life spans.
In the animal world, I think insects are some of the animals with the shortest life spans.
So if you keep a spider as a pet, then you should not expect it to live long

1 Like

The smallest aquatic pets, such as some fish species, usually have the shortest lifespans. A common example of a fish with an extremely short lifespan is the killifish, which can live anywhere from a few months to a year. Only three to nine months have been reported to be the lifespan of several killifish species in the wild, such as Nothobranchius furzeri. Because of their native habitat, which is transient pools of water that quickly dry up and require a brief life cycle, they have a limited lifespan.