What does Catnip do to dogs?

I heard it’s supposed to be safe, but I’m wondering if anyone has tried it and had any problems. Also, can I give my dog catnip that’s made for cats? I guess it should be okay, but I want to double-check to make sure.

When it comes to safety issues, it’s advisable to talk to people who have used the product or consult trustworthy sources. Giving your dog catnip is typically harmless, although moderation is advised. While some dogs could express curiosity, others might not respond at all. Keep an eye on your dog’s reaction and see a vet if you have any questions or if your dog exhibits any negative symptoms.

Catnip doesn’t really affect dogs much. It’s mostly just interesting to cats.

Some catnip toys are better than others. The ones by Yeowww are pretty durable and my cats will rub their faces all over it and also bunny kick it. Catnip toys lose their efficacy after a period of time, so I will rotate toys in and out. I will put the catnip toy I take out of circulation in a small sealed container or bag with catnip to let it “marinate” for a few weeks, and then swap it in again. I know some cats can have negative reactions to catnip, so it’s good to see how your cat does with it before allowing them to be around it for an extended period of time.

I totally get your caution! Catnip sounds like it’s just for cats, but you’d be surprised. It’s actually safe for dogs, and some people even find it calms their pups down. The thing to remember is that catnip toys for cats might have small parts that could be choking hazards for dogs. So, skip the kitty toys and just sprinkle a little dried catnip on your dog’s food – a half teaspoon or less should do the trick. If you’re unsure, consult your vet, but from my experience having fed my dog with it, catnip itself is perfectly safe for our furry friends.

Catnip isn’t just for cats anymore—imagine your dog’s surprise finding out they’re getting a cat treat! While catnip can calm dogs, remember cat toys aren’t suitable for them due to potential choking hazards. Instead, sprinkle a little catnip on your dog’s food and see them relax. Always consult your vet first to ensure it’s safe for your furry friend!

Catnip (Nepeta cataria) is generally safe for dogs. Unlike cats, dogs typically have a milder response to catnip. It may have a mild sedative effect and can help with anxiety or sleep troubles. However, effects vary, and some dogs may not react at all. Consult your veterinarian before using catnip for your dog. A little bit is usually not a concern.

Definitely, cat behavior is more unpredictable than a weather forecast! Pheromone diffusers can work wonders, but sometimes it feels like you’re waiting for a miracle. :paw_prints: Maybe try a collar for that “express” effect! :smile_cat:

Catnip isn’t just a feline delight; it’s safe for dogs too, but stick to sprinkling dried catnip on their food to avoid any choking hazards from cat toys—always check with your vet if unsure.