What are some effective ways to eliminate pet odors?

My FIV+ cat has chronic diarrhea, which makes his litterbox a constant source of strong odors. Despite regular monitoring by me and my vet, loose stool is his norm. His refusal to cover it only exacerbates the problem.

Do you have any recommendations for effective sprays, candles, or plug-ins to combat these persistent litterbox odors?

I’ve been using a Glade plug-in, but it’s not cutting it anymore, and the smell is becoming unbearable.

Pet odors can be really a turnoff to other people even visitors.
Therefore it is important that you deal with this menace once and for all to save you from small embarrassments.
You can eliminate the odor by:

• Thoroughly sweep and mop your hard floors. You can do so effectively by using a pet-safe floor cleaner to tackle dirt, grease, and grime on hard floors.
  • Vacuum everything regularly to remove the most unnoticeable pet dirt.
  • Oftenly washing pet bowls, collars, and leashes
  • Maintain your pet’s dental hygiene
  • Wash pet bedding and blankets regularly
  • Bathe your pets regularly

I’ve battled pet odors in my own home, and let me tell you, baking soda and vinegar are lifesavers! Baking soda absorbs smells like a champ, so sprinkle it on carpets, furniture, or even pet bedding, let it sit for a few hours, then vacuum it up. Vinegar cuts through tough odors too. Dilute it with water in a spray bottle and mist it on surfaces (just test in an inconspicuous area first!). For unbeatable odor elimination, combine the two! Make a paste of baking soda and water, spread it on smelly areas, then let it dry and vacuum. These natural heroes are cheap, safe, and effective – and they won’t irritate your furry friend’s nose either!

Pet odors can be a challenge, but there are some great solutions you’ve mentioned. Regular cleaning and pet care truly make a difference.

What other tips have you found helpful for keeping pet odors at bay?