Tips for Mini Dachshund Puppy Care!

Hey there,
So, I have just made an order for a small dachshund puppy. I’ve always wanted a dachshund, and she’ll be my first dog. I’ve got everything she needs like food, treats, toys, a crate, a bed, brushes, nail clippers, a leash, and a collar. I’ve done lots of research, but I’m still nervous about training her right!

I’ve heard scary stories about potty training, but some say they’re just myths. I’ve heard pee pads aren’t good because they teach dogs it’s okay to go inside. Do those bells by the door help? Should I take her out every 1-2 hours, even at night?

I work 3-4 days a week for 6-7 hours. Sometimes, friends or family can help by letting her out and playing, but not always. I want to train her properly from the start, so she’s fully trained eventually. I’ve looked into the Rover app, but I’m not sure about it. I’m worried about letting a stranger into my home, but I also want her to be happy when I’m away. Any advice would be great!

Look into puppy training classes in your area.

This can be a great way to learn hands-on training techniques with your puppy in a social setting.