Should you bathe cats?

How frequently do you wash your cat?

1 Like

Even though cats are known for being clean, you may be wondering how frequently they require a bath. Cats rarely require baths since they can clean themselves with their tongues. Veterinarians normally prescribe a bath every 4-6 weeks, however this varies depending on your cat. If your cat spends time outside, has long fur, or has rolled in anything disgusting, they may require a bath more frequently. If you’re not sure how often to bathe your cat, ask your veterinarian!

Cats should generally be bathed once every 4-6 weeks, but this can vary based on their grooming habits and environment. Outdoor cats or those who get dirty frequently may benefit from more frequent baths to maintain cleanliness, as they may not be able to fully groom themselves. Regular bathing helps ensure they stay clean and healthy, especially if they soil themselves during outdoor activities.

Receiving a bath once every 4 to 6 weeks will work for most cats, according to National Cat Groomer’s Institute. As a rule of thumb, it’s smart to bathe your kitty when needed. If you notice something smelly in your cat’s fur, for instance, take the opportunity to wash them.

Most cats only need a bath every 4-6 weeks, says the National Cat Groomer’s Institute! But the real rule? Wash your kitty when they get stinky! Baths don’t need to be frequent, just when needed.

1 Like

Receiving a bath once every 4 to 6 weeks will work for most cats, according to National Cat Groomer’s Institute.
As a rule of thumb, it is smart to bathe your kitty when needed. If you notice something smelly in your cat’s fur, for instance, take the opportunity to wash them.

I think it should be around every three weeks or so, and I can’t believe people believe the old myth about cats not requiring baths​:joy::joy:

1 Like

Yeah, right? I think there shouldn’t be a rule to when you bathe your pets. Whenever I feel mine isn’t clean to my liking, we’re bathing and ain’t no rule stopping me.

1 Like