Pet life insurance payout

I’m trying to get over the death of one of my housecats, Sheldon. He was in kidney failure, and the vet recommended letting him go rather than spending thousands on treatment with only a small chance of success. However, I still had to pay about $150 for his ashes.

I’ve heard that some places offer pet life insurance for working animals or those that generate income, but I’m wondering about insurance to cover post-death expenses for a common house pet. I didn’t have the $150 on hand and had to borrow it from my grandma, who called me a baby but lent me the money and told me to pay it back as soon as possible.

I don’t want to go through that again. I’m interested in finding a casual life insurance option for pets to cover post-life costs like the final vet bill and funeral expenses.

1 Like

So sorry to hear about Sheldon. Losing a pet is never easy.
Apparently there’s insurance for working animals, but I was wondering about
something more casual for regular pets, just to cover cremation or burial.

1 Like

Benefit Payout:

If the covered animal dies while the policy is in force, the insurance company provides compensation based on the pet’s value. This value can be determined by its purchase cost, replacement cost, or assessed value. Some insurers may also offer coverage for euthanasia, burial, or cremation costs in exchange for higher premiums.

1 Like