New kitten wont stop meowing

Hello. My new kitten has been with me for a few days now, and she has not stopped meowing or yowling. I am not sure what she wants. She has a bed, food, water, and a litter box of her own. I even attempted to play with her, but it was ineffective. Although she is in a different room, I do have another cat. She just saw the veterinarian, so she should be alright. I can’t stop weeping, so I can’t sleep. Is separation anxiety the cause? Any advice?

1 Like

I’m not an expert, but I think she knows she’s apart from the other cat. She can probably smell and hear it. Is there a reason to keep them separated? They might enjoy each other’s company.

It could imply that they were separated rather early, yet in the first place, they communicate through it.

1 Like

She is probably scared and that is her way of communicating

I’ve been through a similar situation when I brought my new kitten home. For the first few days, she wouldn’t stop meowing, even though she had everything she needed. I also have another cat, and I think the new environment and unfamiliar sounds made her anxious. It sounds like your kitten might be experiencing separation anxiety or just adjusting to her new home. Try spending extra time with her, offering comfort, and slowly introducing her to your other cat to see if it helps. Some gentle background noise or a warm, cozy spot might also soothe her. Hang in there; it often gets better as they adjust.