Is US service animals legit?

Hey everyone, I’m wondering if anyone knows if USAServiceDogs.org is a scam. I want to register my dog as an emotional support animal, and they’re saying I need to get an ESA letter. They said a therapist will contact me, but I’m feeling unsure because they’re asking for payment upfront.

Red Flag: :mahjong:

1. Real ESAs don’t need registration You only need a letter from a licensed mental health professional.
  2. Upfront payment is suspect Legitimate therapists typically schedule consultations before payment.

Here is how you can go about it:

Here’s a safer approach:

• Find a licensed therapist to discuss your need for an ESA letter.
  • Look for therapists who offer teletherapy if in-person visits are difficult.
1 Like

US Service Animals is a legitimate organization that provides registration and certification for service animals and emotional support animals. However, it’s important to note that in the United States, there is no official registry or certification process for emotional support animals.

No US service animals is a scam registry. They will register anything in their system (even a jar of nutella).

US Service Animals" offers pet registration as service or emotional support animals, but be aware that no official registry is recognized by federal law. Always consult legal experts on such matters.

Only what you need to do is check out online reviews, and customer testimonials from various sites for legitimacy before do any payment on the site.

1 Like

@TailWaggerTara This not just be a red flag, but Reviewing whether USAServiceDogs.org is a scam or not… check what people are saying online

1 Like

Correct! No official registry for service animals exists by law. Always consult legal experts.

1 Like

It’s important to be cautious with organizations like US Service Animals that may register any item, undermining the legitimacy of real service animal designations. Always consult reliable sources and professionals for genuine certifications.

1 Like

It’s great that organizations like US Service Animals offer support for those with service animals and emotional support animals. However, it’s crucial to remember that in the United States, there is no legally recognized certification or registry process for emotional support animals. Anyone considering such services should be aware of this to ensure they have the correct expectations and understanding of what these registrations actually mean legally.