Is it safe for a dog to ingest Neosporin?

After breaking out of her confinement, my dog swallowed a Neosporin tube. For six hours, she was by herself. I brought some frozen green beans to her to see how she was doing, and she was still rather hungry. Weighing forty pounds, she is five years old. When we called the animal poison control, our emergency veterinarian suggested that we do so. After attempting to contact someone five times using various menu options, we were unsuccessful despite our best efforts. In light of the fact that my dog has only had the Neosporin for six hours, will she be okay overnight if she is acting normally, playing, and eating? Plus, she spit out the remaining contents of the tube after just consuming half of it. I am grateful.

1 Like

Dog swallowed half of a Neosporin tube! :astonished: After 6 hours, everything seems to be fine, have you called your emergency veterinarian another call? Keep an eye out for symptoms like diarrhea, vomiting, or stomach pain. For additional guidance, contact the Pet Poison Helpline at (855) 764-7661.

1 Like

Under these conditions, your dog should be OK for the night if she is eating, playing, and acting normally even after ingesting only half of the Neosporin tube. Keep a tight eye out for any indications of anxiety or strange behavior from her. If in doubt, speak with another veterinarian or get help right away if symptoms get worse.

1 Like

Antibiotics are tough. A lot of antibiotics are extremely hazardous to certain animals. For example, if Penicillin had been tested on rats, we would never have used it on humans because it kills rats.