Is it okay to write a thank you card for my vet?

Our 5-year-old cat recently had to stay in an ICU due to septic shock and, sadly, we had to put her down. We appreciated the care and empathy from the vets, and I was thinking about sending each doctor a thank you card. Do you guys think that would be appropriate? Has anyone else done this?

Yes, totally okay. They go through a lot too, and a thank you card would be a really nice gesture. I’ve done it before, and the vets really appreciated it.

Tate said:
Yes, totally okay. They go through a lot too, and a thank you card would be a really nice gesture. I’ve done it before, and the vets really appreciated it.

Good to know! I guess I wasn’t sure if it might come off as weird, but it seems like a lot of people do it. Thanks!

Tate said:

Nope, not weird at all. I did the same when I lost my dog. They even sent me a card back, which was really sweet.

As someone who worked in vet medicine, I can assure you they’d appreciate it. Losing a patient is hard on vets too, and your card would definitely mean a lot to them.

Pippin said:
As someone who worked in vet medicine, I can assure you they’d appreciate it. Losing a patient is hard on vets too, and your card would definitely mean a lot to them.

That’s so comforting to hear! I always thought they must get really attached to their patients.

We gave cookies to our vet’s office after we had to put our dog down. They were so kind and even called to check on us afterward. I think a thank you card would be appreciated for sure.

Blair said:
We gave cookies to our vet’s office after we had to put our dog down. They were so kind and even called to check on us afterward. I think a thank you card would be appreciated for sure.

Cookies sound like such a thoughtful idea! Maybe I’ll do that too.

I sent a thank you note to my vet after we lost our cat, and they still have it on their fridge! They really treasure those cards.

Shawn said:
I sent a thank you note to my vet after we lost our cat, and they still have it on their fridge! They really treasure those cards.

That’s so heartwarming :pleading_face: I’ll definitely send mine then!

I made scarves for my vet’s team after my pet passed away, just to show my appreciation. They loved it! Your card will definitely be well-received.

Addison said:
I made scarves for my vet’s team after my pet passed away, just to show my appreciation. They loved it! Your card will definitely be well-received.

Scarves?! Wow, that’s so creative! I bet they were really touched.