Help! My Dog Ate 2 Full Bags of Gummy Candy - What Should I Do?

Hey guys, so I’m kind of freaking out right now. I left two bags of gummy candy out while I went to grab dinner, and when I got back, my dog had gotten into them. He’s a Yorkie/Poodle mix, around 15 lbs, and he managed to scarf down a 6 oz bag of Swedish Fish and a 5.25 oz bag of those gross gummy sweet tarts.

I’m worried sick that it might poison him or cause a blockage in his intestines. Does anyone have any advice on what I should do? I can provide the nutritional info on the candy if it helps. Thanks for any help you can give!

1 Like

It is always advisable to respond fast A prompt response is always essential. In an emergency situation, consult with your veterinarian or a pet poison control center. It increases the potential of developing gastrointestinal upsets or even pancreatitis because of the sugar content. Give them water and monitor their condition for illnesses like vomiting, diarrhea, or lack of energy. The special treatments that may be prescribed by the veterinarian include vomiting or other related treatments.

2 Likes

Make quick contact with your veterinarian. Dogs who eat sugary candy may get digestive problems or obstructions. Give your veterinarian the dietary information, and pay close attention to their advice.

1 Like

Give your vet a call and explain what’s going on with your dog. They’ll advise you on whether you need to take your dog to the clinic or not.

If not, get ready for potential tummy troubles with your dog and make sure you have your cleaning supplies nearby.