Getting Records to ASPCA?

I just signed up my 2 rescues for ASPCA pet insurance. One is 4 years old, and we’ve had her since she was a kitten, so we have all her records—or at least know where she’s had care and can get records.

We also have a rescue we got in October as a stray. Obviously, we have no records from before that, and we’re guessing his age.

I’ve taken them to a few different vets for various reasons and a vaccination clinic. I’ve added the names of these locations to the portal.

So, do I wait until I have a claim, and then they’ll request records from all the places I’ve been? I didn’t see anything on the site about what to do next, unless I want to try to waive the waiting period.

It also looks like the rescue might have gone under since October. I can’t reach them, even though I’ve tried contacting them in all the ways I used to.

Will my dog not be covered if I can’t get older records? I have a “paper trail” of the foster agreement but nothing about a formal adoption. Sigh.

Focus on building a strong medical history for your rescue cat. Keep detailed records of vet visits and treatments. While it might be difficult to obtain complete records for the cat’s past, focus on establishing a clear health timeline from the point of adoption.

ASPCA Pet Insurance might not require complete records upfront. They’ll likely request them when you file a claim.