Does Feliway work?

My roommate got a cat that’s mean to my cat. We tried lots of things to make them get along, but it didn’t work. The new cat just keeps being mean. My roommate really wants to keep the cat. Has anyone tried using special stuff like pheromone diffusers and collars to make cats be nicer to each other? Did it work?

Are you frustrated by some feline friction? :disappointed_relieved:

Pheromone diffusers or collars can be awesome tools to create a calmer environment and improve kitty interactions

These aren’t guaranteed for every furball, but might be worth a try.

For even more purrfect harmony, consider consulting a vet or animal behaviorist, they have a wealth of experience to help your feline friends become the best of buds

1 Like

It doesn’t work for every cat. I would recommend trying the collar first as they are more affordable. I jumped for the expensive wall plug in and it didn’t have any effect on my cat :frowning:

However I have heard that for the cats it works on, it makes a huge difference.

No definitive answer if it works because it may depend on the personality of the cat and the immediate environment.

But sure in most cases it works but after taking some time let’s say 3-4 weeks.
But also you can consider getting collars for your cat for effective results

True, cat responses to treatments like catnip can vary by personality and setting, and may take weeks to show effects. Using collars might offer quicker, more consistent results. It’s smart to explore different options for managing cat behavior!

That’s really valuable feedback! It’s tough when you invest in something like a wall plug-in and don’t see the results you hoped for.

You’re absolutely right—when it comes to managing cat behaviors, there’s no one-size-fits-all solution. The effectiveness of pheromone diffusers and collars often varies based on individual cat personalities and their environment. It’s good to hear that they generally work, albeit with a bit of patience over a few weeks. Considering collars as an alternative or supplement is a smart move too, especially if you’re looking for potentially quicker results. Have you noticed any particular signs that one method works better than the other in your experience?