Do Cats And Dogs Get Along?

I’ve been considering adopting a cat, but I’m a bit hesitant because I already have a dog at home. I’ve heard mixed stories about whether cats and dogs can get along. Some say they can become best buddies, while others warn about potential conflicts. Can anyone share their experiences or tips on how to introduce a new cat to a household with a dog? I want to make sure they not only tolerate each other but also possibly form a friendship over time.

3 Likes

Hi, Yes, Cats and dogs can get along if properly introduced and socialized. Their compatibility depends on their individual temperaments and past experiences, as well as the owner’s management and training.

2 Likes

My two are completely at odds with one another. Those people only act that way when it’s chilly outside and it’s time to go to bed. The other occasion, the dog either chases the life out of the cat or the cat delivers the dog a claw to the butt.

1 Like

:sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:Actually dogs do not get along with cats.

Of course, dogs and cats get along just fine. You must use caution when selecting a dog breed. Certain dog breeds may perceive a cat as prey due to their high prey drive.

Most cats can coexist peacefully with a dog if given time to gradually get to know each other. When a puppy and kitten are raised together, they usually learn to tolerate each other quickly, and some cats and dogs become close friends, often playing and napping together.