Can you lie about pre existing conditions for pet insurance?

Hi guys, can you lie about pre-existing conditions for pet insurance and what are the scenarios for being found by an insurance company?

Hey there!
It’s crucial to be transparent about pre-existing conditions when it comes to pet insurance. Trying to lie about them could lead to complications down the road.
I remember when I was applying for pet insurance for my dog. I thought about omitting a previous injury he had, thinking it wouldn’t be a big deal. But after doing some research, I realized that honesty is the best policy. Insurance companies often verify your pet’s medical history, especially if they need treatment. If they find out you’ve been less than truthful, it could result in denied claims or even cancellation of your policy.
So, my advice is always to be upfront and honest. It’s better to have peace of mind knowing you’re covered when you need it most.

1 Like

As far as am concerned you are not supposed to give false information when it comes to insurance coverage as this might affect the trustworthy between you & the insurance company. You cannot be denied coverage or have your premiums raised due to pre-existing conditions when it comes to pet insurance.

Transparency is key with pet insurance!

I actually considered omitting a minor ear infection my dog had as a puppy when I first got him insured.

Luckily, I did some research and realized it was the best decision to be upfront.

Now, I have peace of mind knowing my pup is covered for any unexpected issues that might arise, pre-existing conditions excluded of course.