Can dogs have catnip?

I heard it’s okay, but I wonder if anyone has done it before and had a bad experience. Also, can I give my dog catnip that’s made for cats? I think it’s probably fine, but I want to double-check to make sure.

1 Like

Catnip is absolutely safe for dogs.
It is actually beneficial for their digestive and mental health as well.

1 Like

Just to add up on @Gia has stated,
Dogs can have catnip! It’s safe and won’t hurt them. Unlike cats who get hyper, catnip can actually calm some dogs down. It’s a coin toss though – some pups won’t react at all. Start with a pinch and see if your dog chills!

1 Like

Hello guys! While it is theoretically permissible, dogs are not as affected by catnip as cats are. One of the compounds found in catnip, or Nepeta cataria, is called nepetalactone, and it makes most cats feel happy. Nonetheless, dogs do not experience the same effects since they do not have the same nepetalactone receptors. Dogs can consume catnip without harm, but as it offers no particular advantages, it is usually not given to them. While certain dogs may find the taste or fragrance intriguing, they will not get ecstatic or hyperactive like the cats do when exposed to it, It is uncommon for catnip to cause any harm, but if you decide to give it to your dog, watch out for any strange reactions.

Yes, catnip is safe for dogs to consume

Catnip is mainly fed to cats but dogs can also ingest it