Can dogs eat clementines?

Should I be concerned about giving clementines to my dog? She seems to be addicted to them and eagerly follows me whenever I eat them.

It’s essential to exercise caution and moderation.

Hey there,
Yes, dogs can eat clementines in moderation, but you should never feed your dog the peel, seeds, stems, and leaves because these are toxic. Clementines are a good source of vitamin C and contain a variety of other nutrients that can be beneficial for dogs. However, clementines are also high in sugar, so make sure to only give a few segments to your dog occasionally. Regular consumption can be harmful to your dog’s health and lead to obesity and diabetes.

The good news is, clementines actually have some vitamin C and antioxidants that can benefit your dog.

However, too much of anything can be a bad thing, especially the sugary citrus peels.

Thanks for the info.

That breakdown of what’s okay and what’s not for pups and clementines is super helpful. Especially the part about the peels and sugar content – moderation is key for those yummy citrus treats

My dog goes crazy for citrus fruits too.

It’s always tempting to share, but I know moderation is key.

Maybe there are some other healthy treats you could offer your dog alongside a tiny clementine segment, like baby carrots or apple slices?

Yes, dogs can savor small, peeled clementine segments as an occasional treat. However, it’s essential to remove seeds and peel, as citrus peels may contain oils harmful to dogs. Also, excessive citrus intake can cause stomach upset due to its acidity.