Best emotional support dogs

I’m considering getting an Emotional Support Animal (ESA) for college to help with my anxiety. Since I’ll be living in an apartment, I’m planning ahead to bring the dog next year, giving me time to train and prepare. I’m interested in learning about good breeds for ESAs and would appreciate any insights or experiences others could share. Thank you! :blush:

Hi @PawsAndWhiskers11. Getting an Emotional Support Animal (ESA) can be a beneficial decision for managing anxiety, especially during college. When selecting a breed for an ESA, it’s essential to consider factors like temperament, size, and energy level.

Check out these breeds:

1. Labrador Retriever: Labradors are known for their friendly and gentle nature, making them excellent companions for reducing anxiety and providing emotional support.

2. Golden Retriever: Similarly, Golden Retrievers are affectionate, loyal, and calm, making them ideal for individuals seeking emotional support.

3. Cavalier King Charles Spaniel: These small dogs are affectionate, gentle, and adaptable, making them great choices for apartment living and providing emotional support.

4. Poodle: Poodles come in various sizes, including toy, miniature, and standard, and they are intelligent, hypoallergenic, and easy to train, making them excellent ESAs for college students.

5. Cavalier King Charles Spaniel: These small dogs are affectionate, gentle, and adaptable, making them great choices for apartment living and providing emotional support.