Banfield pet insurance cost- Avoid their off the roof wellness plans

It was really frustrating. Even if my pet died, I still had to keep paying for the rest of the year. I had a bad experience with Banfield, a vet. I went there because my cat needed surgery to remove a lump. The vet said I could save money with their wellness plan, so I agreed and signed up. But the next day, they said they couldn’t do the surgery because of where the lump was. Another vet I went to later didn’t have any problem with it and scheduled the surgery without issues.

When I decided not to go back to Banfield, I tried to cancel the wellness plan. But they said I couldn’t cancel it. They would keep charging me even if my pet died. I didn’t know this when I signed up. I thought I could cancel anytime. But it turns out, I could only cancel for future years.

What makes this really bad is that they sold me the plan saying it would save money on surgery, even though they knew about the lump’s location. And later, another vet didn’t have a problem with it. Plus, the Banfield vet told me I could cancel anytime.

I ended up paying for the visit, $70 for the plan, and the first $51 monthly payment. And I’ll have to keep paying for 11 more months, adding up to around $680.

I completely understand your frustration.

That experience with Banfield sounds misleading at best.

It’s always a good idea to carefully review contracts and ask questions before signing up for any kind of pet wellness plan.

Maybe you could share your story on a pet owner forum to warn others?