Any Home Remedies for Fleas on Pets?

Hey guys,

So, I’m dealing with a bit of a flea situation with my pets, and it’s driving me crazy! I was wondering if any of you have any quick home remedies or tips for getting rid of fleas?

I stumbled upon a thread on r/Pets about it, but I’d love to hear your personal experiences or advice.

Thanks a bunch!

2 Likes

Dealing with fleas can be a hassle, but here are some quick home remedies you can try:

1. Regularly vacuuming your home and washing your pet’s bedding.
  2. Using a flea comb to remove fleas from your pet’s fur.
  3. Applying natural remedies like diatomaceous earth or diluted apple cider vinegar to your pet’s coat.
  4. Trying essential oils like lavender or peppermint (but be cautious with cats).
1 Like

Fighting fleas? Try dish soap traps near light overnight or sprinkle carpets with salt or diatomaceous earth. Adding apple cider vinegar to pet water and using essential oil sprays can also help. Regular cleaning is crucial. For tough cases, combine these with vet treatments.

Wish You Well @Dolp

Here are a couple of home remedies that will assist you to deal with fleas on pets:

Try these home remedies for fleas:

1. Dish soap trap with water.
  2. Spray pets with a mix of apple cider vinegar and water.
  3. Lemon spray from boiled lemon slices.
  4. Apply food-grade diatomaceous earth to the pet’s coat and home.
  5. Sprinkle salt on carpets.

But Regularly groom and clean pet areas.

• Diatomaceous earth: This powder can dehydrate fleas, but be sure to use food-grade DE and avoid inhaling it yourself.
  • Apple cider vinegar: diluted with water, this can be used as a spray to repel fleas, but its effectiveness is limited.