Why does my cat keep meowing?

Why does my cat keep meowing?

1 Like

He may have taught you that when he meows, he gets food and attention. If your cat isn’t sick and you play with him, he has things to do and look at, etc., you may need to start ignoring his meowing and reward him with goodies, playtime, and affection when he is quiet.

I would try a Feliway diffuser as well. With my very talkative cat, that combined with the aforementioned has helped. She still meows, though not as frequently—she seems to enjoy telling stories about her antics, haha.

1 Like

When faced with new or unfamiliar elements in their environment, cats may express fear or anxiety through meowing. This could stem from various sources, such as a novel piece of furniture or a loud noise outdoors. Endeavor to pinpoint the cause of your cat’s apprehension and eliminate it if feasible.

1 Like

The most common causes of cats meowing a lot are attention-seeking (a learned behavior) and medical issues. Many cats learn to meow to signal their wish for attention, to go outside, or to be fed. When you give in to your cat’s demands, you’ve just trained them that the way to get what they want is through vocalizing.

1 Like

Is he a kitten? It’s often recommended to get two kittens together, so they have a playmate & company.

1 Like

My feline follows suit. Sometimes, if I don’t address her, she will just start howling and meowing so loudly that she will start destroying stuff. It can just be an attention-seeking behavior. Consider acquiring interactive toys that have autonomous motion. My cat will start acting that way if she doesn’t receive enough stimulation. To temporarily distract and stimulate your cat, consider placing some catnip nearby. My present cat is the most high-maintenance cat I have ever owned, lol.

What is the age of your cat? Has he been neutered? Does he have any playthings with him? ability to view outdoors through windows?