Should I be concerned that my new kitten hasn't pooped yet?

I brought home a new kitten yesterday, who is about 19 weeks old, roughly 30 hours ago. Initially, he was scared and didn’t eat or drink much. Now he’s eating and drinking normally, but he hasn’t gone to the toilet yet. He might have urinated overnight without us noticing, but he did pee this morning after I walked him to the litter box after a meal and waited for him to go.

However, it’s been 30 hours since he arrived, and he still hasn’t defecated. He was transported to us from about 5 hours away, and I’m worried he hasn’t pooped since before his journey. Is this normal? I’m starting to feel concerned and unsure of what to do.

It’s not unusual for a new kitten to take some time to adjust to a new environment, especially after a long journey. Since he’s eating, drinking, and has urinated, those are positive signs. Give him a bit more time and continue to monitor his litter box use. If he still hasn’t pooped after another day or so, or if you notice any other concerning symptoms, it might be a good idea to check with a veterinarian for reassurance.