Is Using Cutter Bug Spray in the Backyard Safe for Cats?

I have an 8-month-old kitten who loves to play in the backyard. Last year, we had a lot of mosquitoes and bugs, so this year I want to spray the yard to control them. However, I’m concerned about my kitten’s safety. Even after the spray dries, is it safe for cats? My kitten likes to chew on grass, roll around, and play. The bottle says it’s safe for pets after it dries, but I want to be sure. Does anyone have any experience with this?

1 Like

Like other pesticides, this chemical can be dangerous to your family if not handled correctly. One of the most crucial pieces of advice, despite the label’s abundance of application-specific safety advisories, is to wait for the product to dry before letting your children or pets play on the grass.

When using yard sprays to control mosquitoes and bugs, it’s crucial to ensure your kitten’s safety. While many products claim to be safe for pets after drying, it’s wise to follow the manufacturer’s instructions precisely, keeping your kitten away from treated areas until the spray has completely dried. Consider using natural alternatives if you’re uncertain about chemical sprays, and create a designated safe area in the yard where your kitten can play without direct contact with treated surfaces. Monitor your kitten closely after application for any signs of discomfort or illness, and consult your veterinarian for personalized advice if you have concerns about specific products or your kitten’s health. These steps will help minimize risks and keep your kitten safe while enjoying outdoor playtime.

When you use and store Cutter Essentials Bug Control Spray Concentrate as directed, it is completely safe to use around your children and pets.