Female cat suddenly aggressive!

Hi everyone,

I am looking for some advice. My normally sweet and gentle female cat has suddenly become aggressive, and I’m not sure why. Has anyone else experienced this with their cats?
:worried:
Any insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

3 Likes

I’m sorry to hear about your cat’s sudden aggression. I had a similar experience with my own cat a while back. She went from being super cuddly to hissing and swatting at me for no apparent reason.

In my case, it turned out she had a health issue. A quick trip to the vet revealed she had an infection that was causing her pain. Once we got her treated, she was back to her sweet self in no time.

So, I would definitely recommend taking your cat to the vet to rule out any medical problems. Cats can’t tell us when they’re in pain, so they often show it through changes in behavior.

Also, consider if there have been any changes in her environment. New pets, moving furniture, or even different people around can stress cats out.

3 Likes

Aggressive behavior is usually a sign of an underlying health problem like pain, hyperthyroidism, dental disease, or neurological issues. So, a trip to the vet is the first step to ruling out any medical causes.

3 Likes

Hi Carol
It’s mostly due to pain or an underlying health issues you might not be aware of it is best you do a full body examination, in my two ocassions it was a leg injury