Can dogs safely eat Hot Cheetos?

Tonight, during our cookout, I made burgers with green onions in the patties. While I stepped away for a moment, my 22-pound Jack Russell/Beagle mix grabbed my burger from the table and ate the whole thing.

I know onions can be harmful to dogs, but I’m not sure how serious this is. Should I take her to the vet immediately? She only ate a small amount. Can you give me some advice on how concerned I should be before I incur a large vet bill?

Dogs should not consume green onions. These are popular in cooking due to their unique flavor, but they are harmful to dogs. If your dog has consumed green onions, contact your veterinarian right away for guidance and treatment options. Always check your dog’s nutrition and consult your vet if you have any concerns about their health.

Onions are toxic to dogs and should not be ingested. Onions contain a toxic principle known as N-propyl disulfide. This compound causes a breakdown of red blood cells, leading to anemia in dogs.

Onions or any by product of onions are toxic to dogs and are not recommended

Onions have chemicals that are harmful to dogs and even something like cooking them won’t get rid of the chemicals

No. It’s not poisonous.

Never ever feed your dog grapes or raisins. Those kill dogs and a lot of people don’t know about it. And obviously chocolate.