Can cats eat pizza

I left some leftover DiGiorno Pizza on the counter and when I came back, I found that my cat had eaten all the toppings, including cheese, pepperoni, and tomato sauce, along with some of the crust. I feel terrible. Will my cat be okay?

Cats should not eat pizza. Pizza does not provide any nutritional value to a cat’s diet and contains several ingredients that can be toxic to cats. Even if you avoid all the possible toxic ingredients, pizza is high in fat, sodium, and carbohydrates, which are not beneficial for cats. Some ingredients in pizza, such as garlic and onions, can upset a cat’s digestive system or even be toxic. While a small bite may not cause a lot of harm, it’s not a food that provides vital feline nutrition

Pizza is not good for cats since it does not provide them with vital feline nutrition. Some of the ingredients in pizza, such as yeast, onions, and garlic, can make cats feel sick.

Oh no, that sounds like a surprise.

Cats are naturally curious and drawn to strong smells, so leftover pizza can be tempting for them.

While some ingredients might cause an upset stomach, it’s unlikely to be a major emergency.

You’re absolutely right.

Pizza is definitely not the best choice for feline friends.

It’s low in the nutrients they need and can even be harmful with ingredients like onions and garlic.

Maybe next time we can tempt them with some tuna or cooked chicken – much healthier and just as delicious for our furry companions

I cannot be sure what to answer you.
While common pizzas may contain ingredients that can cause some harm to your cat, some pizzas which are prepared differently cannot cause any harm to your cat.
So the wellness of your cat will depend on the ingredients used to make your pizza.

You can also visit your vet for more tests.

That’s a good point, there’s definitely no one-size-fits-all answer when it comes to pizza and cats. Some commercially prepared pizzas contain ingredients that can be harmful to felines, like onions, garlic, or processed meats with high sodium content.

Cats can consume cheese and meats, but tomato sauce and crust can irritate their stomachs. Monitor for signs of digestive disorders, provide water, and study behavior. Consult a veterinarian if necessary.