Are pup cups bad for dogs?

Are pup cups bad for dogs?

2 Likes

Friends of mine who work there told me that they add vanilla syrup to their whipped cream, which is bad for dogs. I was shocked when I looked it up on Google. When I asked my doctor about it, she said it was fine as long as it was a treat and not something they did all the time (like once a month at most).

3 Likes

Whipped cream should be consumed by dogs in moderation. While it can be given as an occasional treat, it should not be a part of their daily diet as it may lead to illness or a shortened lifespan. As a veterinarian, I have treated dogs that have fallen ill due to consuming whipped cream. Witnessing a dog suffering from this is not a pleasant experience, so I urge everyone to be cautious.

2 Likes

Yes, they are. As long as you limit their consumption to once a month.

1 Like

Pup cups, typically small servings of whipped cream or similar treats, are generally safe as an occasional treat for dogs. However, they are high in sugar and should be given in moderation.

What do you think about dog ice cream? I got some bacon-flavored dog ice cream from a grooming place. It’s made with lactose-free whole milk. You just add water and freeze it.

I’m finding mixed information online.

I’m guessing small amounts are fine, like most treats. It should be better than giving my dog a cup of whipped cream, right?